Breaking up with your loved one is not an issue to be taken lightly. It can have far-reaching consequences that may even affect your future relationships. We understand this here and this is why we have compiled these 30 break-up words of encouragement to help you get over a relationship.
There are so many negative emotions that we experience when we go through a break-up. Whilst these motions are normal they should not linger for too long. There is really no strong reason why you shouldn’t let go and get a new beginning. Read through these great quotes to make you feel better about yourself:
Don’t allow someone not worth it to have the power to occupy your thoughts. If they don’t find you worth the effort or the time, why should you waste yours Donna Lynn Hope
Don’t change yourself so that other people will like you. Be yourself, and the right people will like you – Anonymous.
The most painful thing is losing yourself in the process of loving someone too much, and forgetting that you are special too – Ernest Hemingway
You can’t start the next chapter of your life if you keep re-reading the last one Anonymous
The most authentic thing about us is our capacity to create, to overcome, to endure, to transform, to love, and to be greater than our suffering.” – Ben Okri
Every time you thought you couldn’t keep moving forward, you did. Take a moment to appreciate your strength.” – Karen Salmanson
With the new day comes new strength and new thoughts – Eleanor Roosevelt
Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes a wonderful stroke of luck.” – Dalai Lama
Forgiveness is not something we do for other people. It’s something we do for ourselves to move on – Anonymous
The sign of true forgiveness is when you stop wishing it had been any other way – Anonymous
Words of Encouragement After a Break-up
The ending of a relationship can be a difficult time for most people. Yet you find that there are people that are able to handle break-ups much better than others. The reason for this is words of encouragement after a break-up, read these 30 break-up words of encouragement to help you get over a relationship, and walk away from your broken heart with a smile.
If you can love the wrong person that much, imagine how much you can love the right one Anonymous
Anyone can give you attention and compliments, but someone who loves you will give you that plus respect, honesty, trust, and loyalty -Charles Orlando
When life shows you it’s time to let someone go, and you refuse to, life will allow the person to hurt you to the point you have no choice but to let go -Anonymous
Your relationship with yourself sets the tone for every other relationship you have – Robert Holden
- If a relationship is to evolve, it must go through a series of endings -Lisa Moriyama
- No one has ever loved anyone the way everyone wants to be loved – Anonymous
- To be able to move on, one has to learn to forgive not only the person (or people) who have done one wrong but also oneself – Eugenia Tripputi
- Sometimes the cards we are dealt are not always fair. However, you must keep smiling & moving on – Tom Jackson
- You have to forgive to forget, and forget, to feel again — Anonymous
- Relationships are like glass. Sometimes it’s better to leave them broken than try to hurt yourself putting it back together — Anonymous
Words of Encouragement for a Friend Going Through a Break-up
If there is a friend of yours that is going through a breakup, then the best thing you can do is be there for them. You can offer them your support and some of these 30 break-up words of encouragement to help you get over a relationship to help them get over a broken heart.
- Some people think that it’s holding on that makes one strong; sometimes it’s letting go.– Anonymous
- ‘Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all – Alfred Lord Tennyson
- If you really love something set it free. If it comes back it’s yours, if not it wasn’t meant to be – Anonymous
- Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional – M. Kathleen Casey
- Letting go doesn’t mean that you don’t care about someone anymore. It’s just realizing that the only person you really have control over is yourself – Deborah Reber
- We must be willing to let go of the life we have planned, so as to have the life that is waiting for us -E.M. Forster
- Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together – Marilyn Monroe
- Nothing in the universe can stop you from letting go and starting over – Guy Finley
- Never love anybody that treats you like you’re ordinary – Oscar Wilde
- Love is never lost. If not reciprocated, it will flow back and soften and purify the heart – Washington Irving
Once you are done with these 30 break-up words of encouragement to help you get over a relationship, you can then move on to read other words of encouragement from here.